1. Jim usually ____ home at 5 o‘clock every afternoon.
A .reaches B. gets to C. arrives in D. arrives at
2. Lucy knew nothing about it ____ her mother told her.
A. because B. until C. if D. since
3. Hawaii is famous ____ its beautiful beaches.
A. to B. as C. for D. at
4. There are ___ in the sky at night when the weather is fine.
A. million stars B. million of stars
C. millions of stars D. millions of star
5. Though Mike meets great trouble in English， I believe he can ____it _____because he is always hard-working.
A. turn； over B. get； over C. take； over D. look； over
In the old days，in London，the smog was very thick. Car and bus drivers 1 to drive very slowly they could 2 see the．road in front of them even during the daytime. People did not like going out in the smog． 3 they had to go out，they wore smog masks over their faces．